The State of New Jersey Licensing Code and William Paterson University require all undergraduate education students to complete three assessments (speech,language and hearing and Praxis Core for Educators (5751).
Please follow the above link for important praxis test information.
Application for Certification:
- Applications are available on line on the New Jersey Licensure and Praxis Information Page.
- Completed applications are to be returned to the Office of Certification during the final semester in program.
- Submission deadlines are as follows: Fall - October 1; Spring - March 1; Summer - June 1.
- All applications must be notarized prior to submitting to the Office.
- If your certification area requires a Praxis II exam, please submit your application regardless of your achievement on the examination
- The State will not issue a license to teach without completing a teacher education program, passing the necessary Praxis II exam(s) (if required for your area), a bachelor's degree and a major appropriate to the area of certification.
|Letters of Program Completion|
Letters of Completion and/or Recommendations for Certification will not be submitted until:
Practicum and Student Teaching
Do not forget to apply for practicum and student teaching through the Office of Field Experiences -- applications must be submitted one year in advance.
DO NOT FORGET TO apply for graduation
Submission deadlines are as follows: January graduation - October 1; May graduation - February 1; August graduation - June 1
The William Paterson Writing Center has a multitude of resources available to assist with grammar, writing assistance for ESL students, and writing exercises. For further information please click here: