FREE PRAXIS II WORKSHOPS
Now open to all William Paterson University Students and Alumni (upon verification). Space is limited!
To register please contact Susan Burns at email@example.com. All Classes will be held on the Valley Road Campus Room V2001.
Education Multiple Subjects Praxis II (5001)
- February 7, 2015 9AM TO 12PM SCIENCE SECTION 5005
- February 7, 2015 12PM TO 3PM SOCIAL STUDIES SECTION 5004
- February 14, 2015 9AM TO 12PM MATH SECTION 5003
- February 14, 2015 12PM TO 3PM ENGLISH SECTION 5002
- March 28, 2015 9AM TO 12PM SCIENCE SECTION 5005
- March 28, 2015 12PM TO 3PM SOCIAL STUDIES SECTION 5004
- April 11, 2015 9AM TO 12PM MATH SECTION 5003
- April 11, 2015 12PM TO 3PM ENGLISH SECTION 5002
Math Praxis Workshop
All Math Workshops will be held in the Paterson Room located in the Library
- FEBRUARY 4, 2015 12:30PM to 3:30 PM ELEMENTARY MATH SECTION 5003
- FEBRUARY 18, 2015 12:30PM to 3:30PM MIDDLE SCHOOL MATH 5169 AND PART 1 HIGH SCHOOL MATH 5161
- MARCH 11, 2015 12:30PM to 3:30pm HIGH SCHOOL MATH PART 2 5161
Space is limited and workshops close quickly. To register please contact Susan Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health and Physical Education Praxis Workshops
February 11 & 12, 2015 Praxis 5857 is H& PE Concentration is Health 5PM to 6:30PM Rm 203. Wightman Gym
Contact Pat Hardin at Capemay1981@aol.com
Deadline to register is 1/31
Social Studies Praxis Workshop
STUDY GUIDE BOOKS
If you need help preparing for the Praxis or registering for the test, look no further! The Praxis Resource Center has computers available for registering on-line or browsing review materials. We have textbooks and study guides by most Subject Area. Please visit Valley Road room V4112.
- Fall: Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30
- Spring: Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30
- Summer: Monday-Thursday 8:00-5:15
Please note that at 4:30 during Fall & Spring and 5:15 during Summer the Center closes. Please schedule an appointment if these hours are not sufficient.
The College of Education is pleased to inform you that Praxis Series eBooks have been purchased by the College of Education are now available through the Cheng Library's online catalog. The eBooks can be accessed through the URL provided below.
In each catalog record you will see a line that reads:
"Online Access: View full text"
The "View full text" link will take you to a login screen where you must use WPUNJ account credentials to pass through to a page where the eBook can be downloaded.
Please note that before using any of the URLs in this message in copy-and-paste situations, you may first need to copy them onto an ASCII text editor (e.g., Notepad) because Microsoft Outlook sometimes attaches hidden code to URLs which makes them useless when copied from an email message. You will find a notification on the eBook download pages informing you of the basic licensing terms that have accompanied these eBooks The most important thing users must understand is that the eBooks are not to be distributed in any way, shape, or form. The PDFs should not be sent to non-authorized users or posted anywhere on the web. Students are most welcome to use any of the eBooks for the legitimate purposes of test preparation and practice. It is imperative that you review the notification and agree to usage before proceeding with the download of the PDF.
We are interested to hear how the ebook has impacted your studies or your test results and welcome all feedback.
The David and Lorraine Cheng Library licenses electronic resources for the research and teaching use of the William Paterson University community. Access and use of many commercially available electronic resources provided by the Cheng Library are governed by license agreements negotiated between the University and publishers or third party brokers. In general, these legally binding contracts allow students, staff, faculty, and other authorized users to access these resources for non-commercial, educational, scholarly and research purposes. Users of library-licensed resources must comply with the terms of agreements and be aware that publishers may monitor use of electronic resources to ensure that the terms of their licensing agreements are enforced. Breach of license may lead a publisher/vendor to turn off the University's access without warning, and may result in the loss of access to a resource for the entire University community. Consequently, the Cheng Library works closely with contractual partners and the Campus' Chief Information Officer to resolve issues surrounding questionable use as they arise.
Our licenses generally prohibit the following uses:
- Allowing anyone other than authorized users to access the licensed content.
- Mounting or distributing any part of the licensed material on any electronic network, including the Internet and the World Wide Web, other than the University’s secure network (a network which is only accessible to “authorized users” whose conduct shall by subjected to regulation by the licensee).
- Using software or other automated tools to systematically download licensed content.
- Using licensed resources for commercial purposes.
Use of any electronic resources provided by the Cheng Library constitutes acceptance of William Paterson University's Information Technology Policies, available at: http://www.wpunj.edu/it/policies/ .
Web link for access: (We should only keep what is pertinent to the population, or do a BCC and put them all together with a full listing)
Link to all of the Books in the Cheng Library catalog (accessible to those who are current, active WPUNJ students): http://bit.ly/1bsFgDR