Praxis Preparation Resources
IMPORTANT PRAXIS UPDATES
NEW! PRAXIS II CHANGES AS OF 9/1/2013
PRAXIS II State Requirement Changes:
The New Jersey Department of Education has announced several new PRAXIS II exams effective SEPTEMBER 1, 2013 (see below).
Candidates who have taken and passed the previous Praxis II for any of the areas listed below, prior to September 1, 2013, will be able to use those scores for licensure and do NOT need to take the new exams.
CANDIDATES WHO HAVE NOT TAKEN THE CURRENT PRAXIS II TEST for these particular areas, PRIOR TO SEPTEMBER 1, 2013, WILL BE REQUIRED TO PASS THE NEW EXAM AND ADHERE TO THE NEW PASSING GUIDELINES- NO EXCEPTIONS! PASSING REQUIRED PRAXIS TEST(S) SCORES MUST BE OBTAINED TO STUDENT TEACH."
New Praxis Test Information (Effective September 1, 2013) Praxis Test Test Code New Passing Score:
Middle School Mathematics 5169 qualifying score 165
The information in the chart above is derived from an attachment on the NJ Department of Education’s Office of Licensure and Credential (homepage item: Amendments to the Licensure Code Effective July 2, 2013)
FREE PRAXIS II WORKSHOPS
Now open to all William Paterson University Students and Alumni (upon verification). Space is limited!
To register please contact Susan Burns at 973-720-2139 or by email at email@example.com
All Classes will be held in room 3019 on the Valley Road Campus
Education Multiple Subjects Praxis II (5031)
October 12, 2013 - 9am to 12pm (math subtest 5033 only) Valley Road Room 3019 (session closed)
November 16, 2013 - 9am to 12pm (Language Arts 5032) Valley Road Room 3019
November 16, 2013 - 1pm to 4pm (Social Studies 5034) Valley Road Room 3019
November 23, 2013 - 9am to 12pm (Math 5033) Valley Road Room 3019
November 23, 2013 - 1pm to 4pm (Science 5035) Valley Road Room 3019
Early Childhood Content Knowlege Praxis II (0022/5022)
October 24th, 5:00-7:00; Room: Valley Road 2002 (to register please contact Susan Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-720-2139.
STUDY GUIDE BOOKS
If you need help preparing for the Praxis or registering for the test, look no further! The Praxis Resource Center has computers available for registering on-line or browsing review materials. We have textbooks and study guides by most Subject Area. Please visit Valley Road room V4112.
- Fall: Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30
- Spring: Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30
- Summer: Monday-Thursday 8:00-5:15
Please note that at 4:30 during Fall & Spring and 5:15 during Summer the Center closes. Please schedule an appointment if these hours are not sufficient.
The College of Education is pleased to inform you that Praxis Series eBooks have been purchased by the College of Education are now available through the Cheng Library's online catalog. The eBooks can be accessed through the URL provided below.
In each catalog record you will see a line that reads:
"Online Access: View full text"
The "View full text" link will take you to a login screen where you must use WPUNJ account credentials to pass through to a page where the eBook can be downloaded.
Please note that before using any of the URLs in this message in copy-and-paste situations, you may first need to copy them onto an ASCII text editor (e.g., Notepad) because Microsoft Outlook sometimes attaches hidden code to URLs which makes them useless when copied from an email message. You will find a notification on the eBook download pages informing you of the basic licensing terms that have accompanied these eBooks The most important thing users must understand is that the eBooks are not to be distributed in any way, shape, or form. The PDFs should not be sent to non-authorized users or posted anywhere on the web. Students are most welcome to use any of the eBooks for the legitimate purposes of test preparation and practice. It is imperative that you review the notification and agree to usage before proceeding with the download of the PDF.
We are interested to hear how the ebook has impacted your studies or your test results and welcome all feedback.
The David and Lorraine Cheng Library licenses electronic resources for the research and teaching use of the William Paterson University community. Access and use of many commercially available electronic resources provided by the Cheng Library are governed by license agreements negotiated between the University and publishers or third party brokers. In general, these legally binding contracts allow students, staff, faculty, and other authorized users to access these resources for non-commercial, educational, scholarly and research purposes. Users of library-licensed resources must comply with the terms of agreements and be aware that publishers may monitor use of electronic resources to ensure that the terms of their licensing agreements are enforced. Breach of license may lead a publisher/vendor to turn off the University's access without warning, and may result in the loss of access to a resource for the entire University community. Consequently, the Cheng Library works closely with contractual partners and the Campus' Chief Information Officer to resolve issues surrounding questionable use as they arise.
Our licenses generally prohibit the following uses:
- Allowing anyone other than authorized users to access the licensed content.
- Mounting or distributing any part of the licensed material on any electronic network, including the Internet and the World Wide Web, other than the University’s secure network (a network which is only accessible to “authorized users” whose conduct shall by subjected to regulation by the licensee).
- Using software or other automated tools to systematically download licensed content.
- Using licensed resources for commercial purposes.
Use of any electronic resources provided by the Cheng Library constitutes acceptance of William Paterson University's Information Technology Policies, available at: http://www.wpunj.edu/is/policies.dot .
Web link for access: (We should only keep what is pertinent to the population, or do a BCC and put them all together with a full listing)
Link to all of the Books in the Cheng Library catalog (accessible to those who are current, active WPUNJ students): http://bit.ly/1bsFgDR
- Biology 0235/5235 content knowledge : the official practice test https://chengfind.wpunj.edu/vufind/Record/546047
- English language (old test), literature, and composition content knowledge : the official practice test (note that the state now requires a different test- 5038/ 0038) https://chengfind.wpunj.edu/vufind/Record/546051
- Social Studies 0081/ 5081 Content Knowledge: Official practice test https://chengfind.wpunj.edu/vufind/Record/546054
- Early childhood 0022/ 5022 Study guide: https://chengfind.wpunj.edu/vufind/Record/546048
- Elementary education multiple subjects test 5031: Study guide https://chengfind.wpunj.edu/vufind/Record/546049
- English (old test) language, literature, and composition, content knowledge test: Study guide (note that the state now requires a different test- 5038/ 0038) https://chengfind.wpunj.edu/vufind/Record/546050
- Mathematics: (old test) content knowledge: Study guide (note that the state now requires a different test- 5161 /0161): https://chengfind.wpunj.edu/vufind/Record/546052
- Social studies 0081/ 5081: Study guide https://chengfind.wpunj.edu/vufind/Record/546053