Juried Printmaking and Book Art Exhibition of Traditional and Digital Print Media
November 3 – December 12, 2014
Thursday, July 31, 2014
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Since 2001, the University Galleries at William Paterson University has organized an annual juried printmaking exhibition featuring traditional and digital print media and book art. One artist will be selected to have a solo exhibition at the University Galleries. Select works will receive cash prizes.
ABOUT THE JUROR
Susan Tallman is an art historian who has written extensively on the history and culture of the print, as well as on issues authenticity, reproduction and multiplicity. She is Editor-in-Chief of the international journal and website Art in Print, and her writing has appeared in Art in America, Parkett, Public Art Review, Art on Paper, Print Quarterly, Arts Magazine and many other publications. Her books include The Contemporary Print: from Pre-Pop to Postmodern (Thames and Hudson),The Collections of Barbara Bloom (Steidl), and numerous museum catalogues. She has lived and worked in New York, Amsterdam and Berlin, and currently teaches in the Departments of Printmedia and Art History, Theory and Criticism at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
Thursday, July 31, 2014
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Receipt of Work Deadline
Monday, September 15, 2014
Open to all artists residing in the United States. Works must have been completed within the past two years and may not exceed 60 inches. Work previously shown at the William Paterson University Galleries will not be accepted.
All accepted work requires proper framing and should be ready to be hung (except for book art which will be displayed in vitrines on pedestals). The Juror reserves the right to reject any work found to be unacceptable upon arrival.
The University retains a 20% commission for all artwork sales.
All work shown at the gallery will be insured for the duration of the exhibition. The gallery cannot insure works in transit.
The cost of shipping works to and from the gallery is the responsibility of the artist.
- To submit your artwork, please visit: http://www.wpugalleries.slideroom.com
- Login or register an account with SlideRoom.com. Click on “Start a New Submission.”
- Fill out the Application Form for "Ink, Press, Repeat 2014"
- Upload your Artist Bio/CV and Artist Statement in the Documents section.
- Upload up to 3 images (4 x 6 inches at 300 dpi). Be sure to include the Title, Date, Medium, and Dimensions (both framed and unframed) in the specified fields.
- Pay the entry fee of $10 when prompted to receive your submission confirmation. (Entry fees go toward the cash prizes.)
William Paterson University Galleries
300 Pompton Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
Follow this link for a printable prospectus: