Experience an Award-Winning Jazz Tradition!
July 16-22, 2017 — one week workshop
24th Annual SUMMER JAZZ WORKSHOP for high school and college students.
- Seven intense days of improvisation and performance for students, age 14 and older
- Open to commuters and residents
- Classes in improvisation, arranging, and jazz history
- World-renowned artists in nightly clinics and concerts
- An evening at a legendary New York City jazz club
- A final concert with students and resident faculty
- Tuition scholarships available
Whether you commute or reside on campus, you may take advantage of the University’s practice facilities, food court and cafeteria, and recreational activities.
Previous Performing Artists/Clinicians: Dr. Billy Taylor, Clark Terry, Mulgrew Miller, Jon Faddis, Slide Hampton, Vanessa Rubin, Lou Donaldson, David “Fathead” Newman, Curtis Fuller, Byron Stripling, Bob Mintzer, Paquito D’Rivera, Renee Rosnes, Chris Potter, Billy Drummond, Al Grey, Jimmy Heath, Frank Wess, Dafnis Prieto, and Dena DeRose.
The William Paterson Summer Jazz Workshop is sponsored by: the School of Continuing and Professional Education, the Department of Music, and the College of the Arts and Communication.
Other summer Music Programs include:
- Guitar in Classical, Jazz, and Rock
- 3rd Annual Audio Recording Workshop
- Rock Band Experience Workshop
- Songwriting and Music Industry Workshop
For more information and to register, go to the Summer Youth Programs website at www.wpunj.edu/cpe/youthprograms.