All Graduate Degrees
First: Check out our audition requirements:
- Jazz Studies Concentration (Performance or Arranging track)
- Music Education Concentration
- Music Management Concentration
Second: Apply to William Paterson University HERE.
Third: Receive email with instructions for Music Department Application.
Upon submission of the University Application, you will receive an email with your Student ID (a 9-digit code that begins with 855) and instructions for submitting Music Department application materials online.
Fourth: Log into Decision Desk to complete the Music Application. Here you will do the following:
- Complete the music department application
- Choose a date for your audition (if applicable)
- Provide names and email addresses of two references who can speak to your character and abilities, one of which must be a music educator or studio teacher. They will then be contacted by the Music Department.
- Upload any audio or video recordings required by your concentration of interest.
Fifth: Come to campus for a live audition (if applicable)
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Please go to the website for the Office of International Students and Scholars for additional requirements. Please send all completed documentation to the Office of International Students and Scholars.