Progressive. Professional. Personalized.
The Master of Arts in Professional
At William Paterson University
Enhance your marketability and communication skills with our comprehensive, dual-track curriculum that includes both Corporate & Strategic Communication and New Media and Professional Writing.
Personalize your curriculum with an array of dynamic, professional, integrated communication courses such as Integrated Communication, Strategic Public Relations Management and Writing for Digital Media. Enjoy seminars and workshops presented by senior-level executives in media, government, corporate and non-profit industries in our Professional Seminar.
Our M.A. in Professional Communication is designed to provide future industry leaders with the skill set to navigate complex communications dynamics within the global marketplace.
Interested? We’re hosting a social media expert panel on March 27. Learn more about the latest research and business trends in social media marketing from M.A. in Professional Communication graduates, students and faculty. Enjoy an overview of the program and admissions options. See you there. RSVP.
Our program is specifically designed for students and working professionals who seek to achieve a compelling and advanced role in a corporate communication or media setting.
Who Should Apply?
Our program is ideal for students and working professionals seeking to achieve success in an array of business and communication fields including:
- public relations management
- integrated marketing communication
- corporate and strategic communication
- digital and social media
- professional writing
- The flexible program allows students to specialize in: Corporate & Strategic Communication or Digital Media & Professional Writing.
- Evening and weekend class times that combine campus and online learning are adaptable to hectic work schedules.
- Students create a body of work in writing and digital forms to be included in a professional or scholarly portfolio.
- Courses are taught by faculty who are scholars in social media marketing and a variety of communication disciplines. Many faculty members have senior-level experience in global communication industries, major media networks and award-winning marketing and public relations firms.
- Faculty have a vast network of executive contacts they use to help place students in meaningful practicum, internship and professional opportunities.
- Graduate Assistantships are available on a competitive basis and include tuition waiver and a stipend. Graduate housing is also available.