The goals of Lambda Pi Eta are to:
- recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement;
- stimulate interest in the field of communication;
- promote and encourage professional development among communication majors;
- provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas about the field;
- establish and maintain close relationships and understanding between faculty and students; and explore options for further graduate studies.
To join, students must have:
- an overall GPA of 3.0 or above
- a Communication GPA of 3.25 or above at WPU
- at least 60 completed college credits
- at least 12 Communication credit hours completed at WPU
- active commitment to the field of communication
To determine your GPA, generate a new Detailed Degree Evaluation in WPConnect. Your Overall GPA is on the first page, and if you scroll down to your Major Requirements, you will find your Communication GPA listed below your courses completed and courses in progress.
Applications are accepted all year and the induction ceremony takes place in May before the end of the Spring semester.
Membership dues are a one-time induction fee of $45 for an honor cord, membership certificate, and a pin.
For additional information and application forms, please contact: Prof. Casey Lum