Checklist for Transfer Students

A.   Transfer Students: (Applicants who have attended a college or university in the US or abroad).

1.  A fully completed application and all supporting documents must be submitted through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by the appropriate deadline.

Please visit:

(also please note additional application requirements for Music, Art and Nursing students).


2.   Non immigrant visa information:

a.  For individuals who intend to apply for a student visa (F-1 visa) abroad, please leave visa field blank. Also, please submit the documents enclosed in the Instructions packet for International students. An I20 visa document will be issued by the Office of International Students and Scholars, not the Undergraduate Admissions office upon formal acceptance to the university.

b.  For individuals who are already in the US with a non immigrant visa or status other than F-1 or J-1 visas, please submit a copy of your visa page and passport information. Please do not submit documents needed to issue an I20 visa form unless you wish to apply for a change of status to F-1 student. Please contact the Office of International Students and Scholars to further discuss eligibility and procedures for a change of status from a non-immigrant status/visa to F-1 student status.

c.  The following visa classifications are not permitted by law to engage in full or part-time studies: F-2 visas (spouses), C-1, D-1/D-2, B-1 or B-2) and Visa Waivers. Please contact the Office of International Students and Scholars to discuss procedures for changing status to F-1.

3.   An International Student Advisor’s report – Only students already attending a US school with a F-1 student visa must ask their International Student advisor to fill out and sign the report. The students must also make a written request to have their SEVIS record transferred to WPU prior to the start of their first semester of study.