Checklist for Freshmen Students

A.    Freshmen Students: (For applicants who have the equivalent of a US high school diploma and have never attended a college or university in the US or abroad).


1.  A fully completed application and all supporting documents must be submitted through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by the appropriate deadline.

Please visit:

(Also please note additional application requirements for Music, Art and Nursing students).

2. Social Security Number: Students coming to the US for the first time, who do not have a social security number, should leave this item blank. A student id number will be assigned at the time of application.

3.  Official scores for either the following:

The Scholastic Aptitude Test, SAT


The American College Test - 21 minimum


The IELTS - 6 minimum


TOEFL 550 (Paper and Pencil); 213 (Computer Based Test); 79-80 (New Internet-Based).

4.  A document by document report from any of the Foreign education credentials evaluation agencies below. The report must indicate that applicant has completed the equivalent of a US high school diploma.  William Paterson will accept reports from any agency listed by:  National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.

World Education Services                             

PO Box 745, Old Chelsea Station, New York, NY 10113-0745
Tel: (212) 219-7300
Educational Credential Evaluators
PO Box 514070, Milwaukee,
WI 53203-3470
Tel: (414) 289-3400


International Consultants of Delaware
625 Barksdale Road, Suite 109,
Newark,  DE 19711
Tel: (302) 737-8715   
Globe Language Services                              
319 Broadway, 2nd floor,                                            
New York,  NY 10070                                                                    
Tel: (212) 227-1994   
Josef Silny & Associates
7101 SW 102 Avenue,
Miami, Fl 33173
Tel: (305) 273-1616

5.   Non immigrant visa information:

a.  For individuals who intend to apply for a student visa (F-1 visa) abroad, please leave visa field blank. Also, please submit the documents enclosed in the Instructions packet for International students. An I20 visa document will be issued by the Office of International Students and Scholars, not the Undergraduate Admissions office upon acceptance.

b.  For individuals who are already in the US with a non immigrant visa or status other than F-1 or J-1 visas, please submit a copy of your visa page and passport information. Please do not submit documents needed to issue an I20 visa form unless you wish to apply for a change of status to F-1 student. Please contact the Office of International Students and Scholars to further discuss eligibility and procedures for a change of status from a non-immigrant status/visa to F-1 student status.

c.  The following visa classifications are not permitted by law to engage in full or part-time studies: F-2 visas (spouses), C-1, D-1/D-2, B-1 or B-2) and Visa Waivers. Please contact the Office of International Students and Scholars to discuss procedures for changing status to  F-1.

6.   An International Student Advisor’s report – Only students already attending a US school with a F-1 student visa must ask their International Student advisor to fill out and sign the report. The students must also make a written request to have their SEVIS record transferred to WPU prior to the start of their first semester of study.