COIN 2016 Boot Camp has been moved!
Due to HVAC issues at the Valley Road campus, COIN 2016 will take place in the Student Center's Multi-Purpose Room.
The Cotsakos College of Business offers many experiential learning opportunities to its students including internships, business practicums, professional enrichment workships (PE) case competitions, and mentoring programs, among others. The Crux of Industry Niche (the COIN) is an initiative that provides industry-focusd and scalable boot camps to supplement the existing programs at the Cotsakos College of Business.
In August of 2015, the College offered it's Inaugural Boot Camp. The focus was on the Banking, Financial Services and Insurance sector. Eighteen leaders from industry spoke to nearly 50 students, culminating in a barbecue on the patio of the Valley Road campus.
In addition, 38 students and faculty members from our sister university in China, Zhejiang University of Technology, also participated during their 3 week hands-on finance training.
Ten scholarships were awarded, including one that was funded by the faculty and staff of the Cotsakos College of Business. The event was featured in NJBiz.
We are pleased to announce COIN 2016! This summer's annual industry boot camp is scheduled from August 1st through 4th, 2016 at the Student Center Multi-Purpose Room. Each day, sign-in (with light breakfast) will begin at 8:30 AM. Workshops will run from 9:00 AM through about 3:30 PM. Lunch will be provided.
This year's focus will be on four different industry sectors: Healthcare & Health Insurance, Real Estate, Banking & Credit Analysis, Food Services & Distribution, and Human Resources & Financial Services.
- Lawrence (Larry) Levine, Keynote Address, Director of Client Exerience, Peapack-Gladstone Bank
- Kevin Lenahan '90, Vice President & CFO, Atlantic Health
- Marlon Addison, Manager of Group Sales: Customer Relationships, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ
- Craig Rothenberg '81, Founder & CEO, Rothenberg Communications LLC
- John Cina '72, Vice President, Special Assets, Valley National Bank
- Jeff Millar '80, Managing Director in Global Subsidiary Banking, Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
- Richard Garcia '84, Chief Growth Officer, North Jersey Federal Credit Union
- Cindy Perrotta, Vice President, Commercial Lending Officer and Relationship Manager, Atlantic Stewardship Bank
- Mike Murphy, Senior Vice President, QuickChek Corporation
- Luis Tejada, Vice President Sales, Goya Foods
- Joe Fantozzi '85, Vice President of Retail and Membership Development Allegiance Retail Services, LLC
- To Be Announced
- Saul Simon '84, President & Private Wealth Advisor, Simon Financial Group
- Jennifer Santiago, Talent Acquisition Manager, Enterprise Holdings
- Jeff Buonforte, Executive Vice President, Financial Services Division, Lakeland Bank
We will wrap up the week on Thursday afternoon with a Barbeque Networking Event during which a drawing for several scholarships will be held.