Dr. Haiyang Chen
Office: VRB 2015A
Office Hours: by appointment
Department: Economics, Finance and GlobalBus
Area Specialization: My research interest is in Corporate Finance, Personal Finance, International Business, scholarship of teaching, and interdisciplinary research.
Ph.D. in Finance, Kent State University, 1990
M.A., Economics, Kent State University, 1987
MIM, Thunderbird U. of Int'l Bus.& Econ., 1984
B.S. Int'l Trade, Thunderbird U. of Int'l Bus.& Econ., 1982
- Professor, Youngstown State U. 1995
Associate Professor, Youngstown State U., 1992
Assistant Professor, Youngstown State U., 1988
Primary Research Interests:
- My research interest is in Corporate Finance, Personal Finance, International Business, scholarship of teaching, and interdisciplinary research.
- Representative Publications:
Li, F., and Chen, H., Individualism-Collectivism, Moral Schema, and Ethical Decision Process, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2006, Journal of Business Management and Change pp. 15-28.
- Volpe, R., Chen, H., and Liu, S 2006. An Analysis of the Importance of Personal Finance Topics and the Level of knowledge Possessed by Working Adults, Financial Services Review, Vol. 15, No. 1, , pp. 81-98.
- Chen, H., Griffith, D., and Hu, M. The influence of Liability of Foreignness on Market Entry Strategies: an Illustration of Market Entry in China, International Marketing Review, Vol. 23, No 6, 2006, pp. 639-49.
- Chen, H. and Volpe, R. 2005, Financial Literacy, Education, and the Services in the Workplace, B>Quest, pp. 1-16.
Current Courses Offered:
- Fin 400: International Finance
Confused is one who learns without pondering. Endangered is one who ponders without learning. (Confucius)