Dr. Francis Cai
Office: VRB 3028
Office Hours: by appointment
Department: Economics, Finance and GlobalBus
Area Specialization: My research interests include studying the behavior of emerging markets, investigating the earning and stock return models, and modeling foreign direct investment and economic growth.
Ph.D. in Financial Economics, The City University of New York, 1990.
M.S. in Systems Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 1986
B.S. in Automation Control, Shanghai Jiao Tong University1982
- Assistant Professor, St. Joseph's College, 1992-1993
- Assistant Professor, The City University of New York, College of Staten Island, 1990-1992
Primary Research Interests:
- My research interests include studying the behavior of emerging markets, investigating the earning and stock return models, and modeling foreign direct investment and economic growth.
- Xu, Lianzan and Cai, Francis (2009), " Before and After 2000: Revenue and High Tech Valuation," Competitiveness Review, 19 (1), 26-35.
- Lianzan, Xu, Francis, Cai, and Leung, C.K. (2007), "The Role of Book Value in High-Tech Valuation," Advances in Competitiveness Research, 50 (6), 71-80
- "Capital Structure and Firm Performance," 2007, with Ghosh, Arvin and Richard Fosberg, Transaction publisher, 2007
- Lianzan, Xu and Cai, Francis (2006), " Price-to Earnings Multiples and Mergers and Acquisitions," Competitiveness Review, 16 (1), 32-37.
- "Will Investors Profit By Following The Stock Recommendations Published in Barron’s" , with L. Xu, Journal of Business & Economics Research, October 20, 2005
- "Book Value, Industry Group, and Equity Valuation," with L. Xu, Competition Forum, August 23, 2005
- Journal " The Short Term and Long Term Impact of Stock Recommendation," with Wenui Li, Business Research Year Book, January 30, 2006
- "Tests of Capital Structure Theory: A Binomial Approach", 2003, with Arvin Ghosh, Journal of Business and Economic Studies
- "Optimal Capital Structure Vs. Pecking Order Theory: A further Test," 2004, with Arvin Ghosh, Journal of International Business and Economic Research, 2004, Vol. 2, Number 2, 61-68
- "Economic Growth And FDI In China," 2004, with Huifang Cheng, L. Xu, C.K. Leung. International Business and Economics Research Journal, Volume 3, Number 5, page 15-22
- "The Role of Book Value in High-Tech Valuation," 2004, with L. Xu, C.K. Leung. Advances in Competition Research, Volume 2, Number 1, page 340-347
Representative Industrial Work/Consulting Experience:
- Fulbright Scholar - Spring 2002, Fudan University, China
- Financial Consultant, AT&T Consumer Finance Group, Basking Ridge, New Jersey: Annual Business Plan, Capital Budgeting, Financial Statement Analysis, Market Share Analysis, Econometric Modeling, and Financial Forecasting.
- Staff Economist, AT&T Global Finance Group, Short Hill, New Jersey: Annual Business Plan, Capital Budgeting, Financial Statement Analysis, Market Share Analysis, Econometric Modeling, and Financial Forecasting.
Current Courses Offered: