Dr. Muroki Mwaura
Office: VRB 4080
Office Hours: by appointment
Department: Accounting and Law
Area Specialization: Use of accounting information, especially by small businesses in service and manufacturing enterprises.
Ph.D. in Vocational and Technical Education, University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign, IL., 1994
M.Sc., in Business Administration, University of British Columbia, CANADA, 1975
MBA, Boston College, MA, 1971
AB in Economics, Boston College, MA, 1968
- Senior Lecturer, Kenyatta University, 1978-1992
- Lecturer, University of Nairobi, 1975-1978
Primary Research Interests:
- Use of accounting information especially by small businesses in service and manufacturing enterprises
- Nyaboga, Andrew & Mwaura, Muroki (2007) "E-Government: The implementation of Effective Digital Technologies To Improve The Delivery Of Government Services To Their Consumers (Citizens)," Review of Busine ss Information S ystem , First Quarter 2006
- Ralph T. Reilly, Muroki F. Mwaura & Andrew Nyaboga (2005). The relationships between structural properties and the implementation of effective networks. National Social Science Journal. Vol. 24 No. 1.
- Mwaura, Muroki F. & Andrew Nyaboga. (2005). "Dimensions of data quality: Strategies for gaining competitive advantage." National Social Science Journal, Vol.25 (1).
- Nyaboga, Andrew B., Muroki F. Mwaura & Finbar Fletcher (2005). "Some Issues in the Application of Artificial Intelligence: Expert Systems Methods of Economic Analysis." Managing Modern Organizations with Information Technology. Idea Group.Inc.
- Mwaura, Muroki F. & Andrew Nyaboga. (2004). " A Conceptual Evaluation of the Intranets to Support Knowledge Management." Innovations Through Information Technology Idea Group Inc.
Representative Industrial Work/Consulting Experience:
- 2001 - Newark Public Schools: Assisted in Training Workshop for Business Teachers in Newark Public Schools.
- 1997 - Small Business Development Center, Paterson, New Jersey: Assisted clients with Business Plans.
Current Courses Offered:
- ACCT212: Managerial Accounting
- ACCT340: Cost Accounting