Dr. Robert Bing
Office: VRB 4067
Office Hours: by appointment
Department: Accounting and Law
Area Specialization: Teaching issues of race, class, and gender through law and literature.
J.D., Georgetown University, Washington, D.C., 1974
MBA, Rutgers University, Newark, New Jersey, 1979
BA, History, Rutgers College, New Brunswick, New Jersey, 1971
Primary Research Interests:
Two areas are currently under study:
- Adjunct Job Satisfaction
- Constitutionality of State Income Taxation of Professional Athletes
Representative Publications (Peer-Reviewed Journals, 2004-onwards):
- "The Jock Tax Contest: Professional Athletes vs. the States", co-authored with Dr. Ekmekjian, and Dr. Wilkerson, The Journal of Applied Business Research, Spring 2004.
- "The Joy of Teaching Future Accountants", co-authored with Dr. Ekmekjian, and Martin Rudnick, Proceedings of The European College Teaching and Learning Conference, Athens, Greece, Spring 2005.
- "Revenue Recognition and Stock Valuation: The legal and ethical implications", co-authored with Dr. L. Xu, Twelfth Annual International Conference Promoting Business Ethics, New York, New York, Oct. 2005.
- "Our 25+ Year Journey To AACSB Accreditation", co-authored with Dr. Ekmekjian, Dr. Haroian, and Martin Rudnick, Journal of College Teaching & Learning Journal. April 2006
- "Microsoft's Monopoly: Anti-Competitive Behavior, Predatory Tactics, and the Failure of Governmental Will", co-author Gregory Jenkins, 2006 International College Teaching and Learning Conference, Cancun, Mexico, March 2006.
- "Microsoft's Monopoly: Anti-Competitive Behavior, Predatory Tactics, and the Failure of Governmental Will", co-author Gregory Jenkins, Journal of Business and Economics Research, January 2007.
- "The Legal and Ethical Implications of Revenue Recognition - Before and After 2000", with L. Xu, Proceedings at the 2007 American Accounting Association's Mid-Atlantic Regional Meeting, Parsippany, NJ, 2007
Representative Industrial Work/Consulting Experience:
- My work as Union President and the drafting of documents related to that position are relevant to teaching in the legal environment of business.
Current Courses Offered: