Sophomore Year Plan
- Reconfirm or declare major; meet with a Career Counselor and/or Academic Advisor to discuss career plans.
- Use FOCUS II, for further career clarification and information
- Update your WP Job Connect account for referral to part-time or summer jobs and to receive important career development announcements.
- Begin to acquire some form of career-related experience.
- Initiate or update your Career Planning Portfolio and review career plans. Attend career planning workshop for details.
- Interview two faculty members with regard to their area of expertise.
- Enhance computer skills; learn newest word processing /spread sheet programs, presentation and database programs.
- Continue involvement in a club/volunteer organization. Consider a leadership role.
- Continue to build your resume for part-time and summer employment. Have it critiqued by a Career Counselor
- Attend Job Fairs to increase awareness of career opportunities, to develop future contacts, and for leads on part-time and summer jobs.
- Initiate contact with 10-15 people who are in a job related to your major or field of interest.
- Strive to maintain a strong GPA in order to qualify for honors programs, internships, entrance to graduate school and other opportunities.
- Access three to five Internet sites for career information.
The Career Development and Gloria S. Williams Advisement Center
Student Center 301, 300 Pompton Road Wayne, NJ 07470
Phone 973.720.2281/2282 Fax 973.720.2074