Senior Year Plan
- Meet with a Career Counselor and/or your Academic Advisor; design a job search plan or finalize graduate school plans.
- Update your WP Job Connect account for referral to internships, full-time jobs and to receive important career development announcements.
- Finalize your resume and draft a cover letter for full-time employment opportunities. Have them critiqued by a Career Counselor and other professional in your field.
- Gain further career related experience.
- Finalize Career Planning Portfolio; be able to articulate marketable skills
- Network with 15-20 people who are in a job related to your major or field of interest.
- Continue involvement in a club/volunteer organization. Further develop your leadership skills.
- Research prospective employers for on and off campus interviews; practice interviewing skills. Participate in on-campus recruiting activities.
- Attend Job Fairs to increase awareness of career opportunities, to develop future contacts, and for leads on full-time jobs.
- Develop list of references; a minimum of three is suggested.
- Become actively involved in a professional organization related to your field of interest.
The Career Development and Gloria S. Williams Advisement Center
Student Center 301, 300 Pompton Road Wayne, NJ 07470
Phone 973.720.2281/2282 Fax 973.720.2074