Junior Year Plan
- Use FOCUS II to explore career possibilities utilizing your academic major.
- Meet with a Career counselor and/or your Academic Advisor to review your career plans.
- Identify at least three careers within your field of interest and two alternatives.
- Update your WP Job Connect account for referral to career-related positions and internships and to receive important career development announcements.
- Fine tune your resume and develop a cover letter to apply for internships or career-related psoitions. Have them critiqued by a Career Counselor
- Continue to acquire career related experience.
- Update your Career Planning Portfolio; list four to six marketable skills you have developed through a job, internship, club/ organization, campus involvement, volunteer experience, or a class project.
- Review graduate school plans with a Career Counselor, Graduate School Advisor or Faculty Advisor regarding graduate school admission.
- Begin preparing for graduate school entrance exams by taking computerized practice tests.
- Continue involvement in a club/volunteer organization. Acquire some level of leadership experience.
- Identify three professional organizations in your field and join one as a student member.
- Network with 10-15 people who are in a job related to your major or field of interest.
- Enhance computer skills; learn newest word processing, database or spreadsheet software program. Learn computer skills related to your field of study.
- Attend Job Fairs to increase awareness of career opportunities, to develop future contacts, and for leads on internships, part-time and summer jobs.
- Utilize the Internet to research web sites for career information.
The Career Development and Gloria S. Williams Advisement Center
Student Center 301, 300 Pompton Road Wayne, NJ 07470
Phone 973.720.2281/2282 Fax 973.720.2074