Resume Suggestions for Future Educators
A "good" GPA should be included in the resume. If not, it is assumed that the student has a poor or weak GPA. A strong student can be taught anything.
The student should include any volunteer work or part-time experience related
to the age group they want to teach.
Include something "extra" that the student could offer the school besides teaching, i.e., coaching, foreign language proficiency, computer skills, extra-curricular experience, or special certification (Red Cross).
Below are some "Buzz words" that may be included in the EXPERIENCE section.
- Math Manipulatives
- Madeline Hunter Instruction
- Cooperative Learning
- High Order Thinking
- Urban Experience
- Reflective Teaching
- Computer as a Tool for Learning
- Management by Profile
- Multiple Intelligences
- Emotional Intelligence
- Brain Research
- Social & Emotional Learning
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Movement Education Balanced Literacy
- Format Training/Learning Styles
- In-class Support
- Multi-cultural Experiences
- Performance Assessment
- Global Education
- Main-streaming Experience
- Behavior Management - Open Circles
- System Thinking
- Curriculum Integration
- Core Standards - Curriculum Alignment
- N.J. Core Content Standards
- Statewide Testing: ESPA (4th);
- GEPA (8th); HSPA (HS)