Good Questions to Ask on an Interview
- May I take notes?
- Is the company having a good year?
- What are the company's latest sales and profits results?
- What are the most recent trends in sales and profits?
- Who are the company's major competitors and what are the company's competitive strengths?
- Where does the company see itself going in the next three to five years?
- What are the responsibilities of the job?
- What type of person are you looking for?
- What qualities would the ideal candidate have?
- Is this a new position or has the job been held by someone else? If so, is the person still with the company?
- What about others who started in this position over the past few years?
- Have any of them been promoted? Into what position?
- Where can this job lead for a top performer?
- How will I be evaluated? By whom? When?
- What education and training program are provided?
- How will the final decision be made? By whom? When?
- What is the next step?
- Is there anything else I need to know?
Close by thanking the interviewer for his or her time and the opportunity to discuss the situation.
The Career Development and Gloria S. Williams Advisement Center
Student Center 301, 300 Pompton Road Wayne, NJ 07470
Phone 973.720.2281/2282 Fax 973.720.2074