Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges, for over 60 years, is one of the most renowned honors programs in the nation. It recognizes upperclassmen who combine a strong academic background with leadership skills evidenced in extracurricular involvement in campus and community activities.
The criteria for eligibility into Who's Who include:
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 for undergraduate and 3.0 for graduate students
- Matriculated full-time or part-time junior (58-89 earned credit hours) or graduate student participation in extracurricular activities
- The holding of one or more offices in an organization or excellence in an extracurricular pursuit
- Service to the outside community
- Contribution to the William Paterson University community
All applications are reviewed by a campus-wide committee. Those nominees selected will receive local and national publicity and their individual accomplishments will be presented in the upcoming edition of the publication, Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges. In addition all recipients will receive a personalized certificate from Who's Who to be presented at the Student Awards Banquet in the Spring.
Time Line for Who's Who:
- Nomination forms listing the criteria are sent out by the Office of Campus Activities, Service & Leadership to all department heads/chairpersons and the Student Government Association in the early fall semester. All nominees are sent a letter informing them of their nomination along with an application.
- Nominations close mid-semester on a set date (see application for details). Those students who are eligible still have the ability to apply even though they have not been nominated.
- Application forms, available in the Office of Campus Activities, Service & Leadership and on-line, must be completed (either typewritten or printed legibly) and returned with one letter of recommendation to the Office of Campus Activities, Service & Leadership prior to deadline date.
- Campus Committee meets in early December.
- Recipients of the award are notified by letter in early January.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Campus Activities, Service & Leadership at 973-720-2518.