FY 2015 Budget Development Calendar
- Budget Offices prepares preliminary FY 2015 base budget expense projections excluding tuition and fee revenue (enrollment provided by VP Enrollment Management at a later date).
- Budget Office conducts training and information sessions providing an overview of budget reports, website information and online budget request submission/approval process with specific focus that new requests be strategic in nature, linked to one or more of the 5 strategic goals and within budget provided.
- Board of Trustees (Finance, Audit and Institutional Development) Committee Meeting.
- Information session with Chairs, Senate Budget and Planning Council and Vice President Finance & Administration.
- Board of Trustees Meeting.
- Web application and budget request materials (reports/forms) made available via Budget Office Website and communicated via email to VPs and in Announcements. Budget discussions take place within divisions and departments. FEBRUARY 3-28, 2014
- Governor presents his recommended State Budget for FY 2014 commencing July 1, 2013.
- Deadline for VP direct reports to submit FY 2014 department budget requests for VP approval online for their respective areas. FEBRUARY 28, 2014
- IT and Budget Office prepare budget requests summaries and they are emailed to VPs to assist them with their review and approval process.
- VPs review FY 2015 department budget requests.
- Deadline for VPs to submit their approvals online. MARCH 28, 2014
- IT and Budget Office prepare FY 2015 budget requests summaries and email them to VPs to assist them with their budget presentations to Cabinet.
- HOLD for Town Hall Meeting held to discuss FY 2015 preliminary budget.
- Board of Trustees (Finance, Audit and Institutional Development) Committee Meeting to recommend for Board approval, fall ’14 tuition & fees, room & board rates.
- Annual tuition hearing is held inviting the campus community to discuss with Board members tuition & fees, room & board rate increases for fall ’14 and the FY 2015 preliminary budget.
- Division Presentations made by VPs (and academic deans/ AVPs) to Cabinet. Presentations made during half day sessions will be structured to demonstrate management of resources and identify initiatives tied to strategic goals
- Board of Trustees Meeting to approve fall ’14 tuition & fees, room & board rates.
- Budget decisions are finalized.
- IT and Budget Office update divisional and All Funds Budget reports to reflect final approvals and any other changes (e.g. enrollment, labor contracts, etc.).
- Legislature approves the FY 2015 State Budget and University’s share of the appropriations.
- President approves the University’s FY 2015 Budget.
- Board of Trustees (Finance, Audit and Institutional Development) Committee Meeting to recommend for Board approval the FY 2015 Budget.
- Board of Trustees Meeting to approve the FY 2015 Budget
- Budget Office uploads FY15 budget data to Banner Finance.
- FY 2015 Budget Book is finalized and posted to Budget Office website.
- Town Hall Meeting held to present FY 2015 revised budget based on fall ’14 actuals.
- University receives instructions from the State for submission of the FY 2016 budget commencing July 1, 2015.
- Board of Trustees approves the transmittal of the FY 2016 State Budget Request.