FY 2016 Budget Development Calendar
- Budget Office prepares preliminary FY 2016 budget projections pending enrollment updates, labor contracts and Governor’s announcement of WPU State appropriation in Budget Message.
- Finance, Audit and Institutional Development Committee meeting. January 22, 2015
- Board of Trustees meeting. February 6, 2015
- Budget Office communicates overview of process and key dates via memo. February 17, 2015
- Governor presents his recommended State Budget for FY 2015 commencing July 1, 2015. February 24, 2015
- Budget request materials and web application to submit & approve requests made available on Budget Office Website and communicated via Announcements. Budget discussions take place within divisions and departments. February 25, 2015
- Deadline for vice presidents’ direct reports to submit FY 2016 department budget requests for vice president approval online for their respective areas. March 18, 2015
- Budget Office prepares summaries of department budget requests and emails them to the vice presidents to assist with their review and approval process.
- Vice presidents review their FY 2016 department budget requests.
- Deadline for vice presidents to submit their approvals online. April 2, 2015
- Budget Office prepares summaries of the FY 2016 budget requests approved by the vice presidents for their respective divisions and emails to vice presidents to assist with their budget review with Cabinet.
- HOLD for Town Hall Meeting to discuss FY 2016 preliminary budget.
- Annual tuition hearing is held inviting the campus community to discuss tuition & fees, room & board rate increases for fall 2015 and the FY 2016 preliminary budget with President, vice presidents and Board of Trustees members. April 16, 2015
- Finance, Audit and Institutional Development Committee meet to recommend for Board approval, fall 2015 tuition & fees, room & board rates. April 16, 2015
- Departmental Presentations made by vice presidents, academic deans, associate vice presidents and unit directors to Cabinet and deans. Presentations made during half day sessions will be structured as business presentations to demonstrate accomplishments and goals for the future. April 27 – April 30, 2015
- Board of Trustees meet to approve fall 2015 tuition & fees, room & board rates. May 1, 2015
- Budget decisions are finalized by Cabinet and approved by the President.
- Budget Office updates preliminary budget to reflect final decisions and any other changes (e.g. enrollment, labor contracts, State appropriation).
- Finance, Audit and Institutional Development Committee meet to recommend FY 2016 Budget for Board approval. May 29, 2015
- Board of Trustees meet to approve the FY 2016 Budget. June 11, 2015
- Legislature approves the FY 2016 State Budget and University’s share of the appropriations.
- Budget Office uploads FY 2016 budget to Banner Finance.
- FY 2016 Budget Book is finalized and posted to Budget Office website.
- HOLD for Town Hall Meeting to present FY 2016 revised budget based on fall 2015 actuals.
- University receives instructions from the State for submission of the FY 2017 budget commencing July 1, 2016.
- Board of Trustees approves the FY 2017 State Budget Request.