FY 2017 Budget Calendar
- Budget Office prepares preliminary FY 2017 budget projections pending enrollment updates, labor contracts and Governor’s announcement of WPU State appropriation in Budget Message.
- Finance, Audit and Institutional Development Committee meeting. January 21, 2016
- Board of Trustees meeting. February 5, 2016
- Budget Office communicates overview of process and key dates via Announcements. Budget development materials and submission instructions are made available on Budget Office's website. Web application to submit & approve requests made on available on WPConnect. Budget discussions take place within divisions and departments. February 16, 2016
- Governor presents his recommended State Budget for FY 2017 commencing July 1, 2016. February 16, 2016
- Deadline for vice presidents’ direct reports to submit FY 2017 budget requests for vice president approval online for their respective areas. March 18, 2016
- Budget Office prepares summaries of department budget requests and emails them to the vice presidents to assist with their review and approval process.
- Vice presidents review their FY 2017 department budget requests.
- Deadline for vice presidents to submit their approvals online. April 1, 2016
- Budget Office prepares summaries of the FY 2017 budget requests approved by the vice presidents for their respective divisions and emails to vice presidents to assist with their budget review with Cabinet.
- HOLD for Town Hall Meeting to discuss FY 2017 preliminary budget.
- Annual tuition hearing is held inviting the campus community to discuss tuition & fees, room & board rate increases for fall 2016 and the FY 2017 preliminary budget with President, vice presidents and Board of Trustees members. April 14, 2016
- Finance, Audit and Institutional Development Committee meet to recommend for Board approval, fall 2016 tuition & fees, room & board rates. April 14, 2016
- Departmental Presentations made by vice presidents, academic deans, associate vice presidents and unit directors to Cabinet and deans. Presentations made during half day sessions will be structured as business presentations to demonstrate accomplishments and goals for the future. April 25 – April 28, 2016
- Board of Trustees meet to approve fall 2016 tuition & fees, room & board rates. May 2, 2016
- Budget decisions are finalized by Cabinet and approved by the President.
- Budget Office updates preliminary budget to reflect final decisions and any other changes (e.g. enrollment, labor contracts, State appropriation).
- Finance, Audit and Institutional Development Committee meet to recommend FY 2017 Budget for Board approval. June 3, 2016
- Board of Trustees meet to approve the FY 2017 Budget. June 16, 2016
- Legislature approves the FY 2017 State Budget and University’s share of the appropriations.
- Budget Office uploads FY 2017 budget to Banner Finance.
- FY 2017 Budget Book is finalized and posted to Budget Office website.
- HOLD for Town Hall Meeting to present FY 2017 revised budget based on fall 2016 actuals.
- University receives instructions from the State for submission of the FY 2018 budget commencing July 1, 2017.
- Board of Trustees approves the FY 2018 State Budget Request