FY 2014 Budget Development Calendar
- Budget Offices prepares preliminary FY 2014 base budget expense projections pending enrollment updates and Governor’s announcement of WPU State appropriation in Budget Message.
- Budget Office conducts training and information sessions providing an overview of budget reports, website information and online budget request submission/approval process with specific focus that new requests be strategic in nature, linked to one or more of the 5 strategic goals and within budget provided. January 22-31, 2013
- Board of Trustees (Finance, Audit and Institutional Development) Committee Meeting.
- Board of Trustees Meeting.
- Web application and budget request materials (reports/forms) made available via Budget Office Website and communicated via email to VPs and in Announcements. Budget discussions take place within divisions and departments. FEBRUARY 4, 2013
- Information session with Chairs, Senate Budget and Planning Council and Vice President Finance & Administration. February 6, 2013
- Governor presents his recommended State Budget for FY 2014 commencing July 1, 2013.
- Deadline for VP direct reports to submit FY 2014 department budget requests for VP approval online for their respective areas. MARCH 1, 2013
- IT and Budget Office prepare budget requests summaries and they are emailed to VPs to assist them with their review and approval process.
- VPs review FY 2014 department budget requests.
- Deadline for VPs to submit their approvals online. MARCH 27, 2013
- IT and Budget Office prepare FY 2014 budget requests summaries and email them to VPs to assist them with their budget presentations to Cabinet.
- HOLD for Town Hall Meeting held to discuss FY 2014 preliminary budget.
- Board of Trustees (Finance, Audit and Institutional Development) Committee Meeting to recommend for Board approval, fall ’13 tuition & fees, room & board rates.
- Annual tuition hearing is held inviting the campus community to discuss with Board members tuition & fees, room & board rate increases for fall ’13 and the FY 2014 preliminary budget.
- Activity & Budget Presentations made by VPs (and academic deans/ AVPs) to Cabinet. Presentations will be structured to demonstrate management of resources and identify initiatives tied to strategic goals.
- Budget decisions are finalized.
- Board of Trustees Meeting to approve fall ’13 tuition & fees, room & board rates.
- IT and Budget Office update divisional and All Funds Budget reports to reflect final approvals and any other changes (e.g. enrollment, labor contracts, etc.).
- Legislature approves the FY 2014 State Budget and University’s share of the appropriations.
- President approves the University’s FY 2014 Budget.
- Board of Trustees (Finance, Audit and Institutional Development) Committee Meeting to recommend for Board approval the FY 2014 Budget.
- Board of Trustees Meeting to approve the FY 2014 Budget.
- Budget Office posts FY 2014 divisional and All Funds Budget reports on Budget Office website.
- Budget Office uploads data to Banner Finance.
- FY 2014 Budget Book is finalized and posted to Budget Office website.
- Town Hall Meeting held to present FY 2014 revised budget based on fall ’13 actuals.
- University receives instructions from the State for submission of the FY 2015 budget commencing July 1, 2014.
- Board of Trustees approves the transmittal of the FY 2015 State Budget Request.