Did you recently transfer or were you readmitted to William Paterson University? Let us answer your questions and get you acclimated and/or re-acclimated to the WPU community. The Transfer Student Experience Office is conveniently housed in the Student Center, Room 301 and seeks to help you succeed at the university.
Here are some tips for success:
- Keep track of your grades in your courses. At any point in the semester you should know your grade in each class.
- Prioritize and organize your study and personal time.
- Maintain regular study hours and establish a study environment that allows you to stay focused.
- Develop a network of resources: make a list of your faculty, advisors, tutors, and at least one other student from each class.
- Familiarize yourself with your degree evaluation, and course pre-requisites and co-requisites.
- Mark your calendar with important deadlines that are listed on the academic calendar (http://www.wpunj.edu/academics/academic-calendar.dot).
- Visit your professors during office hours and utilize the Academic Success Center (http://www.wpunj.edu/academics/asc/) for help with challenging courses.
- Develop weekly and semester due date timelines for course assignments.
- Review the specific deadlines, policies, and procedures relating to your academic status, course withdrawal, course repeats, course registration, and the eligibility requirements for your major (https://wpconnect.wpunj.edu/catalog/front.cfm?section=ADM).
- Check your WPConnect (https://wpconnect.wpunj.edu/portal/) and Blackboard on a consistent basis.
- If you are experiencing academic challenges seek out the assistance of a TSE staff member
Please visit our web-site for additional information: http://www.wpunj.edu/transfer-student-experience/