Resources and Services

Academic Advising

Professional advisors are available to discuss major/minor choices and the registration process.  Undeclared students beyond their first year and between-majors' students beyond their first year can see a professional advisor in the Center for course selection and administration of their Alternate PIN number.  Otherwise students are advised by a faculty-member within their academic major.


Declaration of Major/Minor

Students in good academic standing may apply to declare or change one or more majors after completing at least one semester at William Paterson University.  Declaration/change of major is completed online by logging into WP Connect and completing a Change of Major Request Form.  Students are notified by email of their chairperson's decision and are assigned an advisor in the new major upon acceptance.  A declaration/change of minor form is available in the Center.