Music - Sound Engineering Arts (classical and jazz tracks)
Classical Performance (B.M.)
Jazz Studies (B.M.)
Music Education (B.M. - classical and jazz tracks)
Music Management (B.M. - classical and jazz tracks)
Musical Studies (B.A.)
Sound Engineering Arts (B.M. - classical and jazz tracks)
William Paterson University has one of the foremost departments of music in the northeastern United States. In addition, its Jazz Studies Program is among the most respected programs in the country, and is one of the few with an emphasis on small-group playing, improvisation, and a genuine commitment to the jazz tradition.
When you join the University's highly acclaimed music program, you'll benefit from:
- small class sizes and individual attention, including private instrument/vocal study with music faculty composed of energetic musicians with international reputations.
- performance opportunities including large ensembles, chamber groups, and New York City internships.
- a challenging curriculum.
- comprehensive music facilities, including the one-thousand-seat Shea Auditorium, seventeen quality grand pianos including Steinways, Bechsteins, and a Bosendorfer, a fully equipped 24-track recording studio, and our state-of-the-art Center for ElectroAcoustic Music with eight computer/MIDI/keyboard work stations and an isolation room for digital sampling of acoustic instruments.
- unique hands-on learning resources, including the archives of jazz legends Thad Jones and Clark Terry.
For more information, visit the Department of Music homepage or contact:
Chair, Department of Music