Are you ready for what's next?
Find your next major, your next club, your next university experience by taking a quick personalized quiz.
Ask Willy P.
Ask a complete question like: How do I apply?
Department of Psychology
The bachelor of arts (B.A.) in psychology at William Paterson seeks to develop students' ability to think critically, integrate their knowledge of psychology with concepts and research from related disciplines, and discover opportunities to apply psychology in solving human problems. Program benefits include:
- a distinguished faculty of authors and researchers, who bring up-to-the-minute information into the classroom.
- courses that are rigorous, varied, and rich with applications to real life.
- interdisciplinary honors programs in biopsychology and cognitive science, providing motivated students with the chance to excel in small, cutting edge classes and earn a competitive advantage for graduate school.
- the opportunity to participate in faculty research, as well as conduct independent study for credit, guided by a faculty mentor.
- internships that provide hands-on experience in an applied area of psychology, such as clinical or industrial/organizational psychology.
Recent Psychology Department graduates have pursued careers in:
- clinical psychology and social work, from B.A. and M.A. to Ph.D. level
- research psychology
- teaching at the early childhood, elementary, secondary, and college levels
- human resources, statistics, and market research
- medicine, law, and health psychology
- industrial/organizational psychology
- management, administration, and business
To learn more, visit the Department of Psychology home page, or contact:
Kate Makarec, Ph.D.
Chair, Psychology Department