The pre-professional program at William Paterson University, overseen by the Biology Department, prepares students for entrance to professional schools for careers including medicine, veterinary medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, optometry, physician's assistant or physical therapy.
- The Department of Biology recently established a pre-physical therapy program in conjunction with the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ), leading to a bachelor of science (B.S.) in biology from William Paterson and a doctor of physical therapy (D.P.T.) from UMDNJ after completion of a six-year joint program.
- A similar affiliation agreement with Temple University School of Dentistry is currently being established.
Benefits of the pre-professional program include:
- detailed career information and advice in meeting admission requirements, coaching for interviews, help choosing the right school, assistance in completing applications, and a letter of recommendation for application to health-related graduate and professional schools.
- vital extramural and intramural clinical and research internships during the undergraduate years.
- the opportunity to join the Galen Society, a club for students interested in health-related professions, which takes trips to the open houses of professional schools and invites professionals- such as physicians, veterinarians, dentists, or alumni who are now in professional schools- to speak at their meetings.
For further information, visit the links and information below: