Fine Art (B.F.A.)
Computer Art and Animation
William Paterson's academic programs in art allow you to develop your creativity and expand your knowledge of art processes. University faculty, fellow students, area-wide and New York City galleries, invited lecturers, and visiting artists also help inspire and energize you.
Benefits of pursuing a degree in art at William Paterson University include:
- Choice of two quality liberal arts degrees-the B.A. in art history or studio arts, and the professionally oriented B.F.A. degree in studio arts. Both studio arts degrees can be combined with the teacher certification program for those interested in becoming certified art educators.
- The art department's state-of-the-art facilities are the largest in New Jersey.
- Individual attention is a hallmark; classes average just twelve students.
- The University's suburban campus is within twenty miles of New York City, the artistic and cultural center of the world.
In addition to attending graduate school to further their studies, graduates have pursued these careers:
- computer animation and computer game design
- advertising and graphic and Web design
- photography, film, and video
- certified art education
- fine artistry and arts advocacy in galleries and museums
- textile and wallpaper design
To learn more, visit the Department of Art home page or contact:
Thomas Uhlein, M.F.A.
Professor of Art, Art Department Recruitment Coordinator
For specific admissions requirements for art majors, visit this link.