Endorsement – Learning Disabilities Teacher Consultant
Degree Offered: Endorsement
Concentration: Special Education: Learning Disabilities (LDTC)
1600 Valley Road Building
Spring semester, Summer session, Fall semester
This endorsement program is designed for experienced classroom teachers who hold a teaching certificate and an accredited master’s degree and have three years of full-time teaching experience. Upon successful completion of the required curriculum, the candidate is eligible for the Learning Disabilities Teacher-Consultant (LDT-C) endorsement. This endorsement is not a teaching certificate, but a license to serve as the LDT-C on the child-study team in New Jersey schools.
- A master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- A standard New Jersey teaching certificate
- Three years of full-time teaching experience
- 30 credits of graduate study
*Students must consult with their advisor before selecting courses in the event of any changes in the program or its course offerings.
|Endorsement Special Education: Learning Disabilities (LDTC)||30 credits|
|SPED 5310 Orientation to Psychological Testing||3|
|SPED 5420 Foundations of Learning Disabilities||3|
|SPED 5430 Diagnosis of Learning Disabilities||3|
|SPED 6210 Physiological Basis of Learning Disabilities||3|
|SPED 6220 Learning Theory and Applications||3|
|SPED 6240 Universal Design for LDT-C||3|
|SPED 6250 Collaboration Theory and Practice||3|
|SPED 6440 Correction of Learning Disabilities||3|
|SPED 6570 Seminar in Clinical Applications to Learning Disabilities||3|
|Directed Elective (permission of faculty advisor required)||3|
- SPED 5420, SPED 6210, and SPED 6220 are the first four courses students will take and are prerequisites for SPED 5430.
- SPED 6570 is taken at a designated location with a 90-hour, supervised clinical experience in either the fall or spring semester. Prerequisites: 24 specialized credits completed, including SPED 5420, SPED 5430, SPED 6240, SPED 6250, and SPED 6440.